Frozen Organic Dragon Fruit: Why Ours Is Different and How To Eat It
Our Pitaya Smoothie
Pitaya, or dragon fruit is a fruit harvested from a cactus tree. That’s right, a cactus tree. With a beautiful bright pink exterior and green leaves, pitaya’s variety shows its flesh – either a deep pink or a white color with many small black seeds which aid in digestion. Ours is the reddish variety, which contains more carotenoids, a potent antioxidant.
Our pitaya single sourced from Thailand is, like all Thai fruits, naturally a little sweeter than other countries. Copra’s is 100% fruit with zero preservatives or sugar. Already blended and in small packs for convenience. With a mild taste and easy consistency, add pitaya to smoothies, bowl or get creative with yogurt, ice cream and other desserts!
Thai Coconut Dragon Fruit Smoothie
The classic snow white coconut smoothie could use a punch of pink and what better way to do it than with another naturally sweet Thai fruit! Enjoy our deep pink variety of dragon fruit from Thailand with our much loved young coconut meat!
step by step
- Start by blending frozen dragon fruit, frozen coconut meat and chia seeds to a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth, adding a small amount of coconut water or coconut milk as needed to help mixture blend. If wanting a more drinkable smoothie, rather than a bowl, add more coconut water or milk.
- Add desired toppings. To make Copra’s version pictured above, add sliced grapes, strawberries and coconut meat.
- Top with dots of vanilla yogurt. If desired, drag a toothpick through the yogurt to create a swirl pattern.
- Optional, but recommended* add a drizzle of coconut nectar for a touch of sweetness.
*Adapted from Le Petit Eats