What you need
- 3 cups Copra's Coconut Meat (need help measuring?)
- 3 TBS sesame oil
- ½ lemon
- Juice of one beet
- One green onion, dark green part only
- Pinch of dulse (optional for a more authentic fish flavor)
step by step
- To begin this plant-based recipe, separate the coconut meat from the other ingredients and cut strips of coconut meat into small 1.5 - 2 inch pieces.
- Combine the rest of ingredients into a bowl to make a marinade. Combine the coconut meat to marinate.
- Marinate for about 20 - 30 min. The beet juice doesn't take long to give the coconut "sashimi" it's beautiful purple hue.
- Cool in fridge to serve. Great in nori rolls, over rice, marinated veggies, mock ahi poke and on its own!
- Enjoy this recipe with delicious vegan fish replacement!
1. Coconut Meat - Retail and Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.