I created this recipe for my own pleasure. I love bread. I believe every bite (toast or not) deserves a great accompaniment - in this case a not too sweet, clean, tasty and smooth (almost a mousse-like texture) spread just makes my day much better.
When I serve, I like to do it on a breadboard (thinking of a luscious cheeseboard but with bread, spread and fruits or nuts) With this goodie, one piece is never enough!
MAKES 1 QUART
What you need
- 16 oz Copra Coconut Water
- 2 cups Copra Coconut Meat (one pack)
- 4 TBS coconut sugar
- 3 TBS premium chocolate powder
step by step
- In a blender or food processor, blend coconut water, meat, sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a 6qt saucepan a medium high heat, transfer all the ingredients onto the pot. Use a silicone spatula to keep on stirring, gently and slowly. Cook about 30 mins or until the spread is thickened and reduced about 25%.
- Let it cool. Put it in a mason jar or an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator. It will last for about a week.
*Created by Chef Hong Thaimee
Shop with discount code Thaimee10 for 10% off!
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you might also like: