This Pomegranate Chicken with Coconut Rice dish is a festive alternative to the achromatic protein and grain pair. Packed with sweet and spicy chicken thighs and rice with a coconut kick that you'll soon want to pair with everything. This adapted recipe is one for the books made with Copra additive-free coconut milk and coconut nectar.
What you need
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 oz pomegranate arils
- 1 1/2 cups Copra Coconut Milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBS chopped parsley
2 cup low-sodium chicken stock, divided
3 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 TBS Copra Coconut Nectar
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 cups brown jasmine rice, rinsed well
step by step
*Adapted from Cooking For Keeps
- To begin preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Whisk pomegranate juice, 1/2 cup chicken stock, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and Copra coconut nectar in a small bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron skillet to a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken thighs flat side down. Sear until golden brown and crisp, flip over and remove from heat. Pour the pomegranate mixture over the chicken. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Evenly distribute reduced sauce mixture on chicken with brush. Cook for another 10 minutes in the oven until sauce is reduced. If you have a problem turning the reduction into a sauce, remove chicken to a different plate and cover with foil. Place the skillet over the heat, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened.
- While the chicken cooks, add rice, remaining chicken stock, Copra coconut milk and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes. Garnish with parsley and pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over rice, add sauce for taste.
1. Coconut Nectar - Wholesale
2. Coconut Milk - Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale and marketing opportunities.