What you need
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (either dried and soaked overnight, or canned)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup defrosted and chopped Copra coconut meat
- 1 fresh ginger root, peeled and minched
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- Vegetables or crackers for serving
step by step
- If using dried chickpeas, place the chickpeas in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the chickpeas are tender, about 35 minutes. Pour into a fine-mesh sieve to drain. You can skip this step if using canned chickpeas!
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, cilantro, coconut meat, ginger, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lime juice, coconut aminos, sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Process until fully pureed and smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and add more aminos, if needed.
- Serve immediately with vegetables and/or crackers. Keeps a few days in the fridge.
*Adapted from the Whole Coconut Cookbook
1. Coconut Meat - Retail and Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.