What you need
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1/3 cup Copra Coconut Milk
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1 TBS curry powder
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted & chopped
step by step
For the peanut sauce:
- Add peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, garlic, ginger, and sriracha to a blender.
- Puree until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can also whisk ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until combined. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the satay:
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 15 minutes before cooking.
- Slice each chicken breast into ¾ to 1-inch thick strips; I slice them with the grain, so it yields a longer piece. You should be able to get about four pieces per breast.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, curry powder, fish sauce, honey, olive oil, and garlic.
- Add chicken slices, coat and allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. If you are not cooking within an hour, transfer chicken and marinade to a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thread one piece of chicken on each skewer and lightly season each side with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until ready to grill.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil.
- Once the grill is nice and hot, add the marinated chicken skewers.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink (160-165°F), about 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
1. Coconut Milk - Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.