- 250g Copra’s Organic Young Thai Coconut Meat
- 1 clove garlic *minced
- 1/4 cup jalapeño juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 cup panko
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Copra’s Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp cumin, paprika, garlic powder, sumac, turmeric, black pepper and salt
- 1 tsp chili oil
- 1 1/2 cup oil vegetable oil *for frying
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Choose your coconut meat steaks, make sure it’s firm and in one big piece.
- For the marinate place the coconut meat in a container, add garlic, capers juice, olive oil, Copra’s Coconut Aminos, mix it well and let it rest ideally overnight in the refrigerator.
- For the wet mixture add the oat milk and vinegar to a bowl and stir.
- Combine the panko crumbs with all your spices and reserve.
- To coat the coconut meat simply dip it on the wet mixture, shake it to remove excess and place it on the panko crumbs. Make sure firmly press it down on the plate to make sure the whole coconut meat/fish is well coated.
- When you’re ready to fry, add oil to a large pan, once it’s hot enough gently add your coated coconut meat.
- Fry it over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To assemble the sandwich start by toasting your bread, then spread the tartar sauce. Top it up with the fried fish, chili oil, sliced jalapeño, capers, parsley and dill.
Enjoy it any time of the day, perfect for breakfast, lunch & dinner! #TasteTheDifference