This corn bread recipe is super low afford and it tastes amazing 🌽
It takes less than 5 minutes to make the perfect flaky, sweet and corny batter ⏰
Before we get into the recipe there are a couple things you should know.
First, pre-heat your oven! I can’t recommend this enough, it will bake so much faster and more evenly!
Second, if you’re planning to share this with people, consider baking the corn bread in a muffin pan. Because the batter is so flaky and soft, it crumbles a lot and it can get a bit messy.
The individual portions will look better on the table, people can easily grab it and you’ll have one less thing to worry about 😉
Alright then, let’s get into it!
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 15 oz corn
- 1 cup Copra’s Organic Young Thai Coconut Meat *diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- To a blender add your wet ingredients, eggs, corn, milk, oil. Then blend until smooth, but if you like your corn bread chunky feel free to blend a little less.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, corn meal, sugar and baking powder.
- Once you finish blending pour the liquid over the dried ingredients and combine well.
- After everything is homogeneous add your diced organic Thai coconut meat and stir again.
- Adding the meat last will ensure that it doesn’t sink to the bottom of you pan and there will be coconut meat all over your corn bread 😋
- After that add your batter to a non-stick or parchment lined pan, top it up with coconut flakes and fennel seeds, then bake it for about 20 minutes at 375F.
To serve make a sweet caramel butter by simple combining 3.5oz of softened butter, 2 tbsp of Copra’s Organic Coconut Nectar and a pinch of salt 🧂
Please make this recipe, you won’t regret it!
When you do tag us using the hashtag #TasteTheDifference
Can’t wait to see what you’ll create!