This detox beet soup with Copra coconut milk is both vibrant and delicious. This soup is a powerhouse move during the holidays with its detoxifying health properties from beets paired with dairy-free Copra coconut milk. Enjoy hot or cold!
What you need
- 3 large red beets
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups Copra Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 TBS fresh chives, chopped (for garnish
step by step
*Adapted from PaleoHacks
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap beets and sweet potatoes in separate foil sheets, place them on a baking tray.
- Roast for 1 hour then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop and sauté the onion with extra virgin olive oil until translucent. Add minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Season with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander then set aside.
- Once the beets and potatoes are cool to touch, peel the skin off.
- Chop into cubes and place them into a blender. Add onion mix, coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Blend until smooth. Gradually add one more cup of vegetable stock if you want a thinner consistency.
- If desired, heat in saucepan. Garnish with coconut milk and chopped chives.
1. Coconut Milk - Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale and marketing opportunities.