What you need
- 1 heaping tsp coconut oil
- 2-inch piece of ginger, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane or finely chopped
- 2 TBS tamari
- 15 oz of Copra's coconut milk
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 12 stalks of asparagus, tough bottoms discarded and sliced into thin coins
- ½ cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons or spiralized into noodles
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled into ribbons or spiralized into noodles
Other add-in ideas
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves
- Soba noodles, cooked
- Rice or quinoa, cooked
- Tofu cubes
step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a large, high-sided pan or stockpot over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 to 60 seconds, until fragrant. Add tamari, coconut milk, and a pinch of chili flakes, and stir well to combine everything.
- Bring the broth to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your quick-cooking vegetables by chopping the asparagus into small pieces and peeling the carrots and zucchini with a vegetable peeler, julienne peeler, or spiralizer.
- Place asparagus and peas into the broth and stir. Bring heat up to medium and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- Stir in carrot and zucchini and remove from heat. Let stand for 1 minute. Serve over rice or quinoa like a curry or on its own like a soup.
*Adapted from Mindbodygreen
1. Coconut Milk - Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.