Our baked sweet potato recipe with young coconut is going to be your next favorite comfort dish. We chose toppings like pomegranate and sprigs of cilantro to add complementing flavor and beautiful garnish to this dish. Great for a weeknight meal for one or as a side to your next holiday gathering. This baked sweet potato recipe is nutrient-dense with a tropical burst of flavor. Love coconut meat as a topping? Check it out as a salad topper!
What you need
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Copra Coconut Meat cut into small strips
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Lime wedges
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Copra Coconut Milk
- Kosher salt
step by step
- To begin baked sweet potato recipe with young coconut, heat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork, on rimmed baking sheet and roast about 45 minutes.
- Let cool, slice tops and mash sweet potatoes with a fork. Divide coconut milk, coconut meat, cilantro and pomegranate seeds among sweet potatoes. Season with salt. Garnish with any additional toppings.
- Serve with lime and enjoy!
*Adapted from Martha Stewart
1. Coconut Meat - Retail and Wholesale
2. Coconut Milk - Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale and marketing opportunities.