The Best Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Before we talk Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread, have you ever baked with coconut nectar before? Following the recipe, make sure to check out some tips that unlock the unique taste and moist texture that comes from baking with the liquid sweetener coconut nectar.
What you need
- 15 oz organic unsweetened pumpkin
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
- 2 pasture-raised eggs *Sub flax egg if needed.
- 1/3 cup Copra Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Copra Coconut Nectar
- 3 cups gluten-free oat flour *Sub spelt flour. Almond flour and coconut flour do not work well in this recipe.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a glass bread dish with parchment paper and grease the ends of the dish too.
- In a large bowl, together the pumpkin, coconut oil, eggs, coconut milk and coconut nectar until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and spices until smooth.
- Pour into bread dish and bake for 40-55 minutes. To make these into muffins bake for 20-25 minutes. You will get about 9 muffins!
- Allow to cool and slice to serve. Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for 5 days or freeze for longer.
*Adapted from Rachel Mansfield
Baking With Coconut Nectar: Key Takeaways
- For every cup of coconut nectar used, reduce the added liquid in the recipe by about 3 to 4 TBS.
- If the recipe contains no added liquid, increase the flour by about 3 to 4 TBS for every cup of coconut nectar used (about 1 TBS per 1/4 cup).
- Adjust the coconut nectar to taste.
- When you use coconut nectar, you’ll have a moister, softer final product.