Savory Coconut Grilling Kabobs
What you need
- 2 cups of Copra Coconut Meat (half of the package) cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 TBS water
- (3) 1 red, yellow and green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
- Green onions for garnish
step by step
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch. Slowly whisk into the mixture.
- Bring to boil and boil about 1-3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce for later.
- Marinate Copra Coconut Meat in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread the meat on skewers along with the peppers, red onion and pineapple.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to desired liking. Remove from the grill and baste with leftover sauce. Garnish with green onions is optional.
*Adapted from The Recipe Critic