Low Glycemic Sweet Potato Casserole
What you need
- 3.5 lbs sweet potatoes (about 10 cups or 4 large sweet potatoes)
- 2 tbsp butter (or vegan butter)
- ¼ cup Copra coconut nectar
- ¼ cup Copra coconut milk, defrosted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt & cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup pecans
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Plenty of cinnamon
step by step
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into medium size chunks.
- Place in a large pot with water and a healthy pinch of sea salt.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower to medium/high and boil until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- In the meantime prepare your crumble. Add all crumble ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined (or you can do by hand) You still want chunks! Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once potatoes are done, drain and place in your mixing bowl along with 2 TBS butter. Using your paddle attachment, mix until smooth. Next add in the coconut milk, coconut nectar, vanilla, sea salt & cinnamon. Mix until smooth & creamy.
- Place your sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish and smooth out. Add your crumble topping so it’s evenly distributed.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool and serve.
1. Coconut Milk – Wholesale
2. Coconut Nectar – Wholesale
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.