Green Coconut Harissa
What you need
- 1 butternut squash (about 4 lbs), peeled, seeded, chopped in to bite-sized pieces
- 1 TBS coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 cups julienned swiss chard
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1.5 cups of Copra Coconut Meat ,defrosted, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Copra Coconut Milk
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle the coconut oil and toss. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and black pepper and bake until very soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the harissa. Combine the coconut meat, coconut milk, jalapeño, parsley, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process on high until pureed, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add the chard and ginger to a large bowl. When the squash is cooked, transfer it to the bowl and allow the heat of the squash to wilt the chard for about 3 minutes, then mix well. Top with walnuts and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with the coconut harissa on the side.