Coconut Berry Jello Hearts
This coconut jello recipe is bursting with flavor and sure to make you fall in love! Make this dish personalized for any occasion by using different cut outs. For the chosen deep red color, we used whole raspberries and strawberries. Instead of plain water and granulated sugar, we opted for coconut water and coconut nectar to bring a natural sweetness to the dessert. As always, our products are made with 100% organic coconuts. All totally natural with nothing added or removed!
What you need
STEP BY STEP
- Blend the strawberries and raspberries with the coconut nectar and coconut water. Taste and adjust sweetness, if desired. Strain the mix; you should have about 4 cups of berry puree.
- Place 1 cup of this puree in a large bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it to help soften the gelatin.
- Heat the other 3 cups of the strawberry raspberry puree until it is hot and almost boiling.
- Combine the warm strawberry raspberry puree together with the jello and the cold puree. Mix until the jello is well dissolved.
- Pour the mix into a rectangular glass mold.
- Add some chopped strawberries and/or whole raspberries on top.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until the strawberry raspberry jello has set and is firm.
- Use hearts molds to cut out heart shapes and serve. Consume or keep refrigerated.
*Adapted from Laylita’s Recipes