What you need
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- 8 oz. small carrots, baby turnips, and/or Chioggia beets, shaved on a mandoline (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Copra Coconut Meat
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS unseasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cups mixed tender greens
- 1/4 cup tender leaves and blossoms (tarragon or mint)
- Optional toppings for added crunch: sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
step by step
- Bring vinegar, nectar and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add vegetables; let sit until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl; season vinaigrette with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
- Toss vinaigrette, greens and herbs in a large bowl. Add pickled vegetables to salad; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Enjoy your plant-based fueled green salad with young coconut!
*Adapted from Bon Appetit
If you like this recipe, try our Green Goddess Dressing
Contact us for wholesale opportunities.